Air Show Info & FAQ
A few reminders and suggestions …
• Comfortable shoes and clothing, as well as sunscreen, sunglasses and head cover, are recommended as there are no indoor facilities.
• Airshow aerial performances produce loud noises. Ear protection is recommended, especially for children.
• Traffic leaving after the Airshow is very heavy and long delays may occur. Plan accordingly. Please take your time leaving the Airshow and visit some of the displays and concessions on your way out. And make sure you take that last restroom break before you sit in traffic!
• Food and drink vendors will be set up throughout the grounds.
• Attendees may bring lawn chairs onto the grounds; however coolers, glass bottles and alcoholic beverages may NOT be brought in. Airshow souvenirs will also be available.
• Pets are not allowed on the grounds and please don’t leave them in the parking area! Service animals including seeing eye dogs are permitted, but please note the show includes loud noises.
• No airborne drones, skateboards, bicycles, or rollerblades, please.
• ATM Yes, there are several ATM machines located in the Check-In area, near the food concessions and in other areas.
Due to continued TSA and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) security restrictions, coolers, large tote bags, and large purses are not allowed at the Airshow. No knives, guns, weapons, or drugs. All persons, vehicles and items are subject to search at the entrances by military and police security personnel. Yes, you may still bring your folding chairs and small hand carried items such as cameras and binoculars, subject to search. No tents, canopies or cooking equipment. All camera bags and baby diaper bags will be searched per TSA and Department of Homeland Security requirements.
Unless the weather is severe, we will fly as much of the show as is safe and possible. In the event that both days of show are canceled, your ticket price will be considered a tax-deductible contribution to an IRC 501(C)3 organization. Due to FAA permit restrictions and performer commitments it is not possible to reschedule the airshow for another weekend.
Allowed Articles & Items
• Small Coolers (medical purposes only)
• Fanny Packs
• Camera Bags
• Diaper Bags
• Child Strollers
• Portable Lawn Chairs
• Personal Umbrellas & Blankets
• Handicap Authorized Scooters Only
Prohibited Articles & Items
• All coolers (hard or soft, unless medically required)
• All food & beverages, open or closed (except baby formula)
• Narcotics and Paraphernalia
• Bikes, Roller Blades, droans & balloons
• Large Personal shade & pop-up tents
• No personal pets permitted. Service animals are admitted with hosts.
• Golf Carts, ATV’s, Skate Boards, Roller Blades
• Weapons (including, but not limited to knives, firearms, explosives, bio/radiological substances)
Q: Are Tickets Refundable?
A: In the event of inclement weather, acts of God and/or public incidents; the current FAA and Public Safety Authority guidelines may require adjustments to the show & performer schedules including the possibility of postponement or cancellation. All scheduled performers, events & activities are subject to change without prior notice. *This is an outdoor event. There are no rain checks or performer rain date options. All sales are final. NO Ticket Refunds available!
Q: What if it Rains?
A: Air Shows are outdoor events and subject to weather conditions. If weather becomes a factor, there are three flying profiles normally available to get the show completed: High Show, Medium Show and Flat Show. In the event of inclement weather & acts of God; FAA and Public Safety Authority guidelines may require adjustments to the daily show schedules including the possibility of postponement or cancellation. Airshow rain dates are not an option!
Q: Will there be Handicap Parking?
A: Yes. Designated Handicap Parking areas are available at the Air Show. Only authorized handicap vehicles will be allowed to park in these limited available locations. Please see Maps & Directions under AIR SHOW.
Q: Will there be Handicap Transportation services to/from the Air Show and shuttle bus drop-off locations?
A: Yes. There are limited bus services & golf cart services for the handicap guests only to/from the Air Show designated bus drop-off locations. Personal motorized wheelchairs are authorized!
Q: Where can I find a Schedule of Events?
A: The weekend activities & air show schedule is posted Here.
Q: What about Hotels in the local area?
A: There are numerous hotels in the Colorado Springs area to choose from in all price ranges. Click Here to see a list of some local links for lodging options.
Q: Are there any special activities for the Kids?
A: Yes! There is a professional Kid’s Zone attraction and an Educational area located in the Air Show. See Air Show Map.
Q: Will Smoking Allowed?
A: Yes. Smoking will only be authorized in designated smoking areas only! There is no smoking on the aircraft static display ramp due to large quantities of aircraft gas & jet fuel.
Q: Will there be Food and Beverages available for purchase at the show?
A: Yes. A huge variety of food and beverage choices are available for purchase throughout the normal show hours.
Q: Will there be ATM’s on site?
A: Yes. There are numerous ATM’s located throughout the airshow grounds. Most vendor take both cash & credit cards.
Q: Will there be Drinking Water available at the air show?
A: Yes. In addition to bottled water for purchase, there will be access to emergency public drinking water at the First-Aid Stations, free of charge.
Q: Will there be Public Restrooms available?
A: Yes. Public Porta Potty’s (including handicap-accessible) and Wash-Stations will be available throughout the airshow grounds.
Q: Can I take Pictures at the Airshow?
A: YES/Absolutely. Cameras & Video are highly suggested to record your family’s airshow experience. For those photographers, you may want to choose the PHOTO PIT TICKETS daily pass (Advance on-line only). A limited number of these passes are available for each day
Q: How can a Non-Profit Group volunteer to help at the air show?
A: Please review the Volunteer Page and fill out a volunteer request on-line.